Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How does your garden grow? Week 5 update

I am excited to see little tomatoes on all the tomato plants!


Here is my little helper and the herb garden. The big plant is sage. The parsley, basil, and cilantro are all coming up, but are still quite small.


We decided to make use of some extra space around the raised beds so my wonderful hubby tilled up this spot and one behind the beds. We planted pie pumpkins and watermelons on the side and popcorn on the back.


We have a bit of lemon balm growing at the base of a tree. I don't know what to do with it. Can someone give me some suggested uses for it?


Here's a look at how the whole garden is growing.




This post is linked to Smockity Frocks Frugal Gardening 101.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving that lil' helper! We used to have a swing like that...we used to have a baby, too. He is now almost 5! Enjoy them while they are little! :)

    Your garden looks great too! :)

    Blessings,
    Lana @ ilovemy5kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the produce coming in! Gotta love those little helpers. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year I made lemon-mint-apple syrup. It was my first attempt at jelly and failed, but the syrup turned out to be awesome in herbal tea.

    ReplyDelete